Interpreters should be well prepared before translating, so what
preparations should they make for interpreting? The following certificate
translation companies share with you what preparations do you need for
Preparations for Interpretation
First, contact the organizer and ask for the schedule, list, PPT and the
speech manuscript of the Chinese representative as far as possible. All dresses,
if the weather is hot, be careful not to wear short-sleeved shirts.
1. Conference Interpretation. Arrive 40 minutes in advance, coordinate
seats, desk cards and debug microphones with the organizer. Look for a laptop
plug. Record with a recording pen.
2. Accompanied Interpretation. Familiar with the geographical location of
the visiting place, the introduction of enterprises or scenic spots.
Coordination seats should be arranged according to the organizer during the
3. Simultaneous interpretation. Arrive 40 minutes in advance, understand
the location of the large screen, debug headphones and simultaneous
interpretation equipment, and adjust the volume. Recorders are asked to record
the live audio on the CD and record it with their own recorders. Put the printed
material in the box in order.
Matters needing attention
1. Clothes should be formal as far as possible. Otherwise, foreign guests
and leaders should wear formal clothes. Interpreters should dress casually and
2. Learn to hide from the camera. The guests of both sides take a group
photo. If there is no invitation, the interpreter should avoid it. If you need a
work photo, you can ask the organizer to help you take a picture.
3. Interpreters with microphones should pay attention to their own voices,
not too big or too small. Please avoid coughing. There is a cough button in
simultaneous interpreting. If you need to speak with the organizer or contact
your partner, remember to click. When rotating, there is a switch key, pay
attention to good coordination, active switching.